Dave and Rita

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Home and Away

HOME I am trying to get a blog out every month. I’m writing this on 30th September at 8pm. I’m just going to make it for this month. Phew
There have been quite a few family celebrations this month that started with my 61st birthday. Here is some of the family celebrating with me.
For Louise it was the big 30. Rita and I went up to Liverpool for it and enjoyed a great BBQ despite the rain. This photo includes many of Rita’s family.





Proud parents with Louise and Ian







We continue to enjoy our time with the church. So much is happening. Last week we had an ALPHA supper to launch the new course and had over 100 attend. There is a number of other courses happening over the Autumn including a four week Justice and Fair Trade course that Rita and I are involved in. In November we are taking a team from the church to North Africa for a week. It's part of a new world focus that is coming to the church.

AWAY During the month I travelled to Canada to speak on a Korean DTS. It was a great time and I ditched my English reserve by eating both Korean and Japanese food, including raw fish and sushi.


This photo is of my good friends David and Sharon on David’s birthday.(they have taken English names to help people like me out)



One of the great things about being invited to go to Canada and speak is that I get to see Sharon and Tim who live just an hour away. After finishing speaking on the Friday I spent the weekend with them. It happened to be the weekend of their first wedding anniversary and we celebrated by going out for a meal. Boy those ribs were good.


Rita was back here in Brighton during that time looking after one of the elderly church members while the person who normally lives with here went on holiday.
Well that’s it for this month. I hope to make the next blog a good week before the 31st October.
PS Do pray for us as we go to Spain on 10th October. This is to see if the Lord has anything there for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home