God is so good
I am writing this month’s blog from Brighton, where we are
staying for a few days. It is proving to be such a good time, catching up with
Judy my sister and friends from the church. Yesterday was a glorious autumn
sunny day and driving along the coast road with the vast expanse of sea was a
real treat. Of course in Nuneaton we couldn’t be further from the sea.
![]() |
| This is the way to climb stairs. |
Last Sunday I was prayed for and anointed with oil by the
elders and then had a chance to share at the evening communion service. The
whole day was really special. We head back to Nuneaton on Wednesday morning.
Health wise considering everything, I am doing well. The
cough is not too bad, appetite is good, energy levels ok and many remark on how
well I look. Rita is also doing really well, we are so grateful for every day that God gives us. We are
also grateful for your prayers and know God is answering them.
W are living a day at a time, but also making some plans for
the future. One thing we would love to do is head off to Spain again for a few
days 17th – 20th of this month. There is a number of
people we really want to see and some key meetings we should attend, so are
asking the Lord for the go ahead. Please pray that we will hear clearly as it
is a big decision.
We have Sharon and Tim planning to come over for Christmas
and we look forward to that very much. Both families are doing well and it is
lovely to see as much of Ian, Louise and grandkids as we do.
Last week we visited friends in Market Harborough that we
have known from ‘Life for the World’ days. Lin is an author and John a
publisher. They have very kindly taken the book on to final copy. There is a
possibility it will be in our hands by Christmas. We are very excited although
the one thing we don't have at the moment is a title. For those that know me
well, any ideas? This is not a book for the general public, really just for the
family, particularly the grandkids, but we are doing some extra copies for those
who would like one.
So that’s us for this month.
Togg on the Blog
(Testimony of Gods goodness)
I go back to 1980 for this TOGG. I was sitting by a coal
fire at Holmsted Manor late one evening, enjoying the last glowing embers.
Suddenly gas from a coal caused it to flare up and then quickly died down. It
happened twice more and then I felt God speak to me. There will be three major
ministry locations in your life and one of them will be in a Spanish speaking
country. Immediately my mind went to South America and thought that would be
nice.
And so it has been three years in Brighton more than twenty
in Liverpool and then three years in Spain. Surprise surprise,I guess that is a
Spanish speaking nation!
I share this to say it has been so wonderful the way the
Lord has led us over the years and even when we have started to veer from His
pathway (and we have) He has gently put us back on track.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home