Dave and Rita

Saturday, October 01, 2011

Life.

Well, the heat wave has passed and autumn has taken hold, but it was lovely while it lasted. We have enjoyed lots of meals out in the garden, including a BBQ and this photo was taken on that occasion.

It has been perfect weather for convalescing, which I have discovered I don’t do very well. I am eager to do more than I have strength for at the moment and have overdone it on more than one occasion. Rita is very good though and is trying to keep me in order. One thing that encourages us is I continue to improve week by week. We get out walking, I’m driving, keeping up with admin and correspondence, getting to one or two mid week church activities and getting out visiting some folk. Here we are visiting a friend who has just reached her 93 birthday.

A couple of weeks ago we travelled by train up to Liverpool to see Ian, Louise, Asher and their new house. It was the first time I had travelled out of Brighton since I started the chemo and I coped pretty well, although the day after travelling I was feeling pretty wiped. Rita was a star cooking meals and looking after Asher, which was really helpful for Louise who was feeling very sick. She’s pregnant around 12 weeks and we are so excited about our fourth grandchild due in April. While there I did some very light work and altogether we had a great time. Here is a picture of the front of the house. Can you see a little boy guarding the entrance?

Here is a closer photo of Asher with nana, one of his favourite words.
One challenge we are facing is the house we are in has now been sold and we will need to be out in the next two to three months. Lord where do you want to plant us? Ideally we are looking for something long term where we can put our roots down, where we can furnish and decorate it to make it our own. We need a miracle, but hey we have seen at least one miracle this year.

Eliana is doing really well, all the redness from the scalding has just about gone and that is a miracle to us. Through the generosity of friends and family they are able to fly over for Christmas. We can hardly wait.

As far as the future is concerned there is so much we want to do and I am looking forward to the milestones of preaching for the first time, going to Spain to meet up with the folks there etc. All this I believe will come in good time.

In the meantime the medical profession are keeping a close eye on me and tomorrow I have three appointments to keep for various things. On the cancer front there seems to be no change on the lung tumour and I have an appointment once every two months for them to keep an eye on it. They don’t seem to concerned about the bowel cancer.

So thats us. Thank you all again for the love shown and for all the prayers, they are making a huge difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home