Dave and Rita

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Family Time.

The last month has flown by. There has been hospital visits more blood tests and more waiting before the chemo starts. To be fair I have asked that it be delayed for a week so that I can make the most of having Sharon Tim and Eliana with us. The Doctor said a week would make no difference at all so now the date it starts is the 11th May. In fact Sharon Tim and Eliana fly back that morning and the chemo starts that afternoon.
It is so good to have family with us and Ian, Louise and Asher were down for three days and we had a brilliant time. Because I feel so well I am able to enjoy them to the full and we are off to Liverpool this weekend so that Sharon and family can catch up with Rita’s folks.



One for the album.











Blowing bubbles.









On the other hand.









mmm i'm not sure











Master Chef!














Tomorrow I am in London for an interview with the London 2012 Olympic team, to become an official volunteer at next year’s games. I applied last year and was surprised to get an interview, so we will see how that goes. If accepted it looks as though I will be working with the press department.
In closing Rita and I want to thank you so much for all the love and support shown over the last few months. It has been fantastic and we have shared with the specialist just what a difference prayer is making.
The next three months are going to be interesting but one thing is for sure the Lord is going to be walking with us through it, every step of the way.
Lots of love to you all.

Togg on the Blog.
I was running a Discipleship training weekend at St Helens and people came from all over the country for it. On the first evening just before the meeting started I was called to the car park were some local youths had jumped from car roof to car roof badly denting two of the cars. I was really upset for the two girls that owned the cars and felt more like preaching on Gods judgement than the planned Father Heart of God that evening.
We had a great weekend but it was tempered by the knowledge that it would cost hundreds of pounds to repair the damage. The Sunday afternoon after everyone had left I receive a phone call from one of the girls. You will never believe what has happened on the way home she said, the dent has popped back out with hardly a mark on the roof. PTL. A short time later I had another phone call from the other excited girl. You will never believe what has happened she said…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home