Dave and Rita

Monday, January 27, 2014

A God Who Sustains.



This weekend we had a little bit of a family gathering. It was my sister’s birthday and she was up to celebrate it with us and to see mum. Also Pauline and Graham came down, as did Louise and Ian. We love being together and it is happening a little more often these days in the present circumstances.

The book seems to have been very well received. We have had so many encouraging emails and at times from the most unlikely people. When I was typing it in the chemo ward I got talking to a Muslim and he specifically ask me to send him a copy when published, which of course I did. I got a really positive response from him saying he enjoyed the book and would I pray for him. Wow what a privilege. He also said he would pray for me. All the nurses got a copy too and the one I thought I would get the least response from gave me the most encouraging response. We continue to pray that God would use it as it is passed around.

Health wise as I say in the Togg, I know Gods sustaining grace day by day. The cough is so much better and the main problem I cope with is muscle weakness. This is because of the long use of steroids.  Moving around is becoming more difficult, climbing stairs, standing for more than a few minutes and getting out of breath quickly are the major issues. I have no pain and feel pretty well most days although every now and again I dip quite badly and am wiped out for the whole day. Having said all this there are very few days when we don’t get out and about in the car and get to see mum regularly. Talking of mum she is doing really well at present, the best for a while. Rita is also doing really well, she is amazing, Again, we are all very aware of the prayer coming our way. What a difference that makes.


Togg on the Blog. (Testimony of Gods goodness)

Last weekend we went away for a few days to spend time in God presence giving Him quality time to speak to us. We found this 3 star Lodge in Derbyshire that was doing half board at a very reasonable price so we went for it.
This small Lodge had two restaurants a carvery, then a high-class restaurant (more like 5 star), called Bentley’s.  We were booked into the latter for the two nights. Talk about fine dinning and fine food. On the second night for half of the time we had the restaurant to ourselves being fussed upon by the staff and live piano music. It was very romantic and a super evening. 

Two key words came out of our time in seeking the Lord. One was intentional the other was sustaining. As we listened to the Lord about the future it wasn’t that He was going to take me at the moment, or heal me, but I would be sustained day by day.

This leads on to being intentional. The Lord spoke to us through Ps 145: 4 One generation will commend your works to another, they will tell of your mighty acts … We want to inspire the next generation and cause their faith to rise as we tell the stories of what God has done for us. We have been doing it in a way through blog and book but felt we should be more intentional specifically at Kings Lodge at this time.

So fine food and God speaking to us, yes it was a very good weekend.


1 Comments:

  • "mussel weakness" Made me smile. Is that 'a la creme?'

    You gotta smile, eh?

    I'd like to read your book. Where can I get it?

    and lots of love and prayers.
    Yasmin

    xxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Monday, January 27, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home