Receiving his reward
Many of you will already know that David passed away yesterday morning at home with family by his side ushering him into heaven. Although we are devastated by his loss we are comforted by the fact that he is with Jesus in heaven having a party.
I thought I would share some of the comments from the family that have been posted on Facebook.
From Louise
Heaven opened it's arms this morning to welcome an incredible man, my Dad. Words cannot express the sadness I feel at his loss. A man of faith, integrity, constant encouragement, he lived his life in a way that will forever be an inspiration to me and I know has been to many others. Dad you did it right and your legacy will be felt long after you've gone. I love you.
From Sharon
This morning my dad went to be with Jesus, words cannot even begin to describe the heartbreak I feel at his loss. He inspired me everyday, loved and encouraged me, always saw the best and showed me who god is. Even in his last days as I cried at his bedside, he would say Trust in Jesus, He is good, He's always with us. Thank you dad! I’ll miss you more words can say!
From Ian
At 5am, I mumbled something along the lines of 'see you in around 50 years or so' to THE BEST father-in-law a man could wish for.
Dave Leage what a man, what a saint. Lived his whole life for other people and a God-adventure. Owned a car, some clothes and a MacBook but not much else and never wanted for anything, ever! Travelling the world in faith, bringing & teaching reconciliation, grace and forgiveness. Leading people into a relationship with God.
He was such a positive force, an inspiration, source of wisdom and a blessing to friends and family alike. We had truly great times together.
I'm gonna let Asher have the last word on Grandad though, since, at 4, he often delivers the best summaries on behalf of the family:
"I'm going to miss Grandad...like I miss you when you're in London...but will see him again in heaven!..Yay!”
Dave Leage what a man, what a saint. Lived his whole life for other people and a God-adventure. Owned a car, some clothes and a MacBook but not much else and never wanted for anything, ever! Travelling the world in faith, bringing & teaching reconciliation, grace and forgiveness. Leading people into a relationship with God.
He was such a positive force, an inspiration, source of wisdom and a blessing to friends and family alike. We had truly great times together.
I'm gonna let Asher have the last word on Grandad though, since, at 4, he often delivers the best summaries on behalf of the family:
"I'm going to miss Grandad...like I miss you when you're in London...but will see him again in heaven!..Yay!”
From Tim
today my father in law went to be with jesus. he was a great man. taught me so much about love and forgiveness. he will be greatly missed, i love you dave.
Thank you for all of your support and prayers over the past 3 years and these recent difficult weeks. He now has his reward in heaven.
Lots of love
Rita

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home