Dave and Rita

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Surprise Surprise

One thing has dominated this month and it has been Rita’s 60th birthday celebrations. Most people have a birth-day Rita has had a birth month. It started on the 3rd with a surprise party at Louise’s house. And it was a real surprise, you should have seen her face when she saw family and friends, some who had come some distance for the event. As she said afterwards "I had no idea". Big thanks to everyone who came and made it such a great evening.



Rita opening one of her presents with her cheeky nephew trying to get in on the act.



Three of the ‘surprise’ friends Kevin, Pru and Claire, fantastic neighbours from Corona Road days who we have kept in touch with, when they moved a few years back.

On the eighth we headed of with our friend’s Chris and Rosemary to New England to see the autumn colours. We started in Montreal and worked our way down to Boston.

I had another surprise for Rita with Tim and Sharon flying over from Toronto for a couple of days. I really set her up when we arrived at the hotel, pretending to be phoning Sharon in Kitchener when in reality she was just two rooms away. Rita spent a long time on the phone catching up with her and then minutes later we went round to Chris and Rosemary’s room to go out for a evening meal. When Sharon opened the door, I only wish I had a camera to capture her face. As you can imagine our meal was enjoyed in high spirits.





Here’s Rita phoning Sharon thinking she was many miles away.




Rita's birthday finally came on the 12th and we enjoyed breakfast together in a local restaurant. She had more cards to open and one or two presents with a 60’s balloon and candles on a ‘bagel’ As she said, this is a birthday I will never forget. It was great fun planning her birthday surprises, it took a lot of scheming but Rita, in the words of a well known advert "your worth it"

The holiday itself was very enjoyable and it was particularly good to spend time catching up with our long time friends Chris and Rosemary. We had many memorable meals and here we are at one we certainly won’t forget, primarily because part way through the meal, a large rat ran through the resturant!

In all our travelling we managed to get up to Middlesbourgh for my Nephew Steve's wedding to Angela.




Here's the happy couple



And the proud Bridegrooms parents, Pauline and Graham. Your looking good, sis.





At present I am typing this at 39000 ft (this is getting a habit) as I head back to Spain.
Rita will follow in a few days having spent some time with her mum. I’m really looking forward to getting back and continuing to prepare for the DTS. I have kept up to date with things while we have been away and there is good interest in the school. Please pray that we get some men apply as most of the interest so far has come from the females.
Late next month I head of with another staff member to N.A. for a few day to meet up with worker’s from the region. I really look forward to that to gain more understanding of what is happening in the region.

Then Christmas in Spain, now that will be different. We certainly won’t be wondering if we are going to get a white one.
Well that’s it for know but once again thank you so much for all your prayers and interest. They are such an encouragement to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home