Dave and Rita

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Short and sweet

It is hard to believe that Easter is over and we are into 'summer time' after the clocks went forward last night. Like the UK we had a cold snap over the Easter period and here you see a rare sight of snow or hail on the mountains across the Malaga bay.















The DTS is also racing to the conclusion of the lecture phase, only two more weeks before the outreach. This is a very busy time for Rita and I as we plan the outreach in all its detail for the two months we are away in three different locations. Planning for two people has been a challenge in the past, but this is planning for 20Fortunately we have help from others so it doesn’t all rest on us.

Before we left for Spain I had a desire to plant a fig tree in the garden. Well its taken a while for it to happen but here you see two of our students planting the tree and I look forward to fresh figs for breakfast. Mmmm heaven. Actually I got carried away when I heard that Aldi was selling fruit trees for 8 euros each and we have now got two plum, two cherry, one pear and one peach tree. As we planted them we prayed that they would bear lots of fruit and at the same time in a spiritual sense, the work we are doing here would be very fruitful in changed lives and people envisioned to serve God wherever He may lead them.

It is always good to have people come out and see us and this week we have had Rita’s sister Sue and her son Andres over for a holiday. Here’s Andres and Rita enjoying some summer sun together.
Well that’s it for now the next blog will be after we have started our outreach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home