Dave and Rita

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Summmer Time

We are on the coach on an nine hour journey from Brighton to Liverpool to spend the weekend with Ian and Louise before flying back to Spain on Monday (1st September) We head back with a friend from Liverpool who is helping Rita for a week with the work that will meet her when she gets back.
Our time in the UK has gone quickly. For one week we were at New Wine, camping with Rita’s sister Sue her boys and my sister Judy. The spiritual input was great and the weather behaved itself in the main. There was a large group camping with us from our Liverpool church and it was really good catching up with them.


Rita’s nieces Caroline and Claire on their graduation day at Liverpool cathedral, with proud mum dad and brother. Well done girls.


For our first week in Brighton, Rita looked after an elderly friend to give her live in career a break and then the day she finished she had to shoot up to Liverpool to look after her sisters boys, because Sue was taken into hospital. Rita was there a week before Sue was out and well enough to look after the boys. Then on the morning she was travelling back to Brighton she did her back in. It is only now as we head back to Liverpool that she feels her back is back to normal.
So all in all for Rita its not been much of a break. For me its been rather more restful but still a busy time getting around seeing some people (but didn,t see as many as we would have liked, sorry folk) preaching, and catching up with admin stuff.



While Rita was in Liverpool I reached the grand old age of 63 and celebrated with family with a lovely meal in a North African restaurant where we had tarjine. Very tasty. Here you see me showing off one of my birthday presents, not that I have had much use of them in England.





One of my favourite fruits is blackberries, I think it goes back to my younger days when during the school holidays I went blackberry picking to sell in jars to the neighbours for sixpence.
Here are mum and I are picking blackberries, I’ll be off to the neighbours soon to see how many jars I can sell.

For me as I return to Spain I will be preparing for the next DTS. We are hoping for 15 students and 6 group leaders and my responsibility will be to particularly train up the leaders.
I feel it is vital to train up leadership if DTSs are to continue after Rita and I have moved on. If you know of any one that you think would benefit from a DTS or leadership training then do put them in contact with us.
Well that is about it the coach is due in at Victoria and then the long one to Liverpool.
The next blog should come out the end of September.
Every blessing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home