Dave and Rita

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A day in the life of...

I thought this month I would give you a view of a typical day for me at the Villa and then early next year profile Rita, so here goes.
7am and the alarm goes, time to rise and shine. With a cup of tea, essential first thing in the morning we take time to read and pray.
8am and I head for the shower and breakfast. This consists of porridge with some honey, sultanas, dried prunes, apricots, and grapes. Delicious. As we eat breakfast we listen to Radio 4 and catch up on UK news. Then after praying together for the day we head into it.


9am. Today being Wednesday the guys have a Bible Study based on the book ‘Experiencing God’




10am till 11 I’m working in the office with my colleague Johnny, planning for the DTS that starts in January.



11am everything stops for coffee and peanuts, it’s a Villa tradition. It’s a time for all the staff to fellowship and catch up with one another. It’s often a time of fun and laughter as we share stories together.

11.30am and it is back to the office for more planning and catching up on emails. That goes through till 2pm when we stop for a light lunch.

2.30pm I change into working clothes. Today I'm moving some of the bricks from the old BBQ that is hardly ever used in the back garden in to the front of the Villa in preparation for some friends coming at the weekend to build the new one. The photo is of Phil an I putting the final touches to our new BBQ. Thank you so much Phil and Diane. I work through till 7pm when we stop for our evening meal sometimes watching the 6 o’clock news on BBC One. We have a satellite dish that allows us to get BBC One and Two. After our meal its time to catch up with personal emails, phone calls etc.

(Weekends are often free and sometimes we have friends come out to see us which we love. Here are two very good friends Chris and Rosemary who came out to see us recently. Thanks guys, we loved your visit)

9pm and today we decide to see another episode of the TV series 'West Wing' It’s all about life in the White House. It’s has a very good script and a great way to relax. We are into season three and there are at least six seasons so lots to see yet.

10-11pm and its time to turn the sofa into a bed and get our heads down for the night.
So goodnight to all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home