
Yesterday was hot, 40c (104f) during the day and at 10pm it was still 99f. Life is definitely taken at a slower pace in this heat. And how is Rita coping? Well, they say a picture is worth a thousand words so I will spare you the words with this photo.

Of course there is always an upside to the hot weather and we look forward to a good crop of grapes later in the year.

When I returned from the desert and took up my watering duties of plants and trees (I defiantly don’t have green fingers but I try) I came across this nest with three young birds in it. When I rustled the leaves I think this one thought it was lunch time. It was fun seeing them develop and then they left without a goodbye. I never did see the mother to find out what type of bird they were.

We had the graduation of the DTS on Friday which was an excellent time. So the school is over but for all the students its the start of something new. Some are considering coming back to serve at the Villa and continue training towards their long term goals which we are very excited about.

And now for some great news, Louise is pregnant and we are going to be grandparents again. My response to Rita was blow me down its, like waiting for a bus, you wait for ages and then two come together. Seriously we are so excited for them and so Sharon is due October and Louise January. We are very blessed.
Later this month we head off to England to Liverpool first, then New Wine and then on to Brighton. We hope to see some of you then. We return to Spain on the 31st August.
That’s all for now.
5 Comments:
Congratulations! Fab to see how Louise has grown into the most beautiful young woman, (her hubby is quite cute, too!)
Lovely that the cousins will be close in age!
Yasmin
By
Anonymous, At
Sunday, July 05, 2009
We love your blog. We always read your updates and look forward to them.
Many blessings,
-Mark L.
By
Taxi Driver, At
Sunday, July 05, 2009
You've really asked for it now ... opening yourself up to comments from a practising editor! (Well, you never know ... if I keep practising...)
It was the 'Life is defiantly taken at a slower pace in this heat' which entertained me most. I think you meant 'definitely' but then 'defiantly' does have a certain poetic quality to it. And, if intended, the literary juxtaposition of 'defiant' and 'slower' is masterly.
Life has been uncomfortably hot in Middle England too, but the temperature has plunged with the arrival of thundery downpours today.
Take care
Love
Lin
By
John and Lin, At
Monday, July 06, 2009
Its not hot in Liverpool!
By
Mike, At
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Yaaaaaay!! I can post a comment!! SO excited that you'll have two ggrkchildren in a few months!! Tell the girls congrats, too!! Let us know if you ever come to Colorado for a visit!! We'd like to see you again!!
By
lil, At
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home